Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Letter To My Fans.

Hi everyone!

I have had quite a few people ask me what I will be doing in Jerusalem, so here is some info that I pulled right from the website:

The Jerusalem Center is Brigham Young University’s center for study in Jerusalem. Students enroll through the BYU campus in Provo, Utah, travel to the Holy Land, and live in the Center for programs that extend for approximately four months. Students study a core curriculum that focuses on Old and New Testament, ancient and modern Near Eastern studies, and language (Hebrew and Arabic). Classroom study is built around field trips that cover the length and breadth of the Holy Land.
For more information, read here.

I'm flying out of SLC Tuesday morning, have a layover in JFK and then will continue on to Tel Aviv. I'm taking 15 credits and will be traveling to Jordan and Turkey while I am there.

Now, I'm not sure how this whole blogging thing will turn out. I have pretty much blogged every week while being in Hawaii and as I have said from the very beginning, this blog is mostly for me to get my thoughts and pictures together so I can remember my experiences there. I was planning on stopping the blog until I came back to Hawaii and keep it just my "Hawaii" blog. However, I have gathered a small following, and I know this is a way that we can keep up to date with each other. I also don't want to keep you guys hanging who have been following me for sometime now. So I will try and keep this blog up and going. My go to blog day has always been Sunday, but Israel's Sabbath is on Saturday, and their Sunday is our Saturday. So my entries will be earlier than they are here on the mainland. You can check back here anytime to see if I've posted anything, or I'll be back in December and the Hawaiian blog will continue weekly once again. So we just have to wait and see what happens.

Tomorrow, I have to go to BYU campus for a four hour meeting and will finally meet everyone who will be on the trip with me. There are roughly 80 of us going and I'm excited to meet everyone.

Jerusalem is a 12 hour time difference from Hawaii, and 8 hours from my home. The time difference just grew a lot bigger than the four hours I was use to.

I'm bringing my phone with me and will use the app Viber to call and text for free, through using wifi. I also can call from a calling card and use facetime to skype. I will post on my facebook and instagram pictures from my trip, and of course, post pictures and updates here on the blog. Isn't technology the best?

As I said earlier, I'm not sure how blogging will work over there, so check back here whenever, and know that I will blog when I get the chance. I'll check in soon,

XOXO
Lindsay.

listening to: K'NAAN- Wavin' Flag.

0 comments: