Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dome of the Rock, Western Wall and Garden Tomb.

Dome of the Rock

                                                           
                                                             Jerusalem Overlook

                                                            Bethlehem Overlook

                                                             
           
                                                 How big the manger would be
   
                                           Signed my name with the past students


                                                                 Garden Tomb



Oh my gosh, this week has gone by so fast. There is so much going on and I’m going to try and remember everything that I have done. Sunday I went to The Dome of the Rock and it was so cool to see. You are able to see it practically anywhere in Jerusalem and it was amazing to see it up close. The colors are so vibrant and I wish I could go inside to experience it. Monday we had a field trip and went to Augusta Victoria Tower, Seven Arches Overlook, and Bethlehem Overlook. We have been reading the scriptures that go with the sites we see and it is so awesome. It blows my mind being able to see the actual places to the stories that I have been learning my whole life.

We were able to go on a tour below the center, and I swear I felt just like I was in the Chamber of Secrets (another HP reference.) All the past JC students sign their names and they handed out a piece of chalk for everyone to sign. I signed, but I felt like it would disappear with time, so I took a sharpie and signed next to a guy who I went to school in Hawaii, who had come to Jerusalem a couple years back. It was fun seeing signatures of people I know from past semesters.

I was able to see the Western Wall Friday night to see the Sabbath being brought in. There were so many people there and it was cool to see everyone praying and worshiping. I put a prayer in the wall and enjoyed the experience.

Today was our Sabbath and I went to the Garden Tomb. It is probably my favorite spot that I have been to so far. The way to the tomb is on a crowded street in the city, and then you take a turn and the Garden Tomb is kind of tucked away. It’s so cool to be right in the middle of a crowded street and then you come to this serene place. We took a tour of the garden and we were able to go inside it. The tomb itself is very small, and we aren't sure if that is the exact place where Christ was resurrected. Nonetheless, a very cool experience.

Tomorrow I'm going to Tel Aviv and going to the beeeeeeeeeach!

0 comments: