Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thought Thursday.


I came across this quote today and found it rather inspiring.

“Along your pathway of life you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save.” -Thomas S. Monson.

I love how true this statement is. I get so caught up within myself and often think of myself as the only person who is going through trials. When I'm having a hard time, I don't look around and see what I can do for others. I become self absorbed and I find myself really unhappy.

This quote allowed me to step back and realize that I need to be aware of those around me. I am definitely not the only one who is being tried or having a hard time. I have been so grateful for those who have helped me when I needed help. When I think back on all the people who have encouraged, inspired and some ultimately save me, I feel the need to be that someone for someone else. I want to pay it forward in order to repay for what has been done for me. There is something so comforting in knowing that someone was able to do something for you that you were unable to do. Whether it being big or small, service is a reward that feels so wonderful when you have been able to do something for someone else who really needed help. Be an influence in the world to do good. That's my thought for today.

In other news, I will be home in exactly one week from today. Last Thursday in the Holy Land.

0 comments: