Sunday, January 20, 2013

Soooooo.

Hi everyone!

While living in Hawaii, I had been super good at blogging. Once I went to Jerusalem, it kind of went downhill. I'm kind of sad that I didn't blog a lot while I was there, but at the same time, Jerusalem is something that I don't necessarily feel like sharing with everyone so openly about. I kept a journal and that really took over my blog time last semester. There were so many wonderful things that happened and experienced during my time there and I don't feel the need to share them into cyberspace. The saying, "I can't explain what I mean. And even if I could, I'm not sure I'd feel like it" rings true to me in this case. This is all I'm going to say about Jerusalem. I had a great time, I think about it everyday and I miss it so much. It's something that really made me grow and develop, although I did not realize how much I had been changing while I was there, I recognize it now that I'm back in Hawaii. I am so so grateful for the experience to be in the Holy Land and it is something I will cherish the rest of my life.

Anyway. I AM BACK IN HAWAII. Finishing up my senior year of school. Finishing up my last semester. Ever. For those who know me well, I hate the first week of school. It seriously sucks. I met with my advisor to apply for graduation this Fall, and while looking at my transcripts, she said, "Did you know you are 3 classes away from being a Psychology minor?" Next thing I knew, I was signed up for 3 Psych classes and I am officially graduating in four different areas (Communications, Music, Intercultural Peacebuilding, Psychology.) I feel like my diploma/resume is going to look CRAZY.

I am so ready for school to be donezo. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is BRIGHT. It's a weird feeling tho. I'm ready to move onto my next phase of life, but I know I will miss my little Hawaii life. Hawaii has definitely been one of the best chapter of my life. So I'm enjoying my last semester and so glad this weekend is a 3 day weekend.

4 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

Wow! Can't believe you're so close to finishing! Good luck this semester!

kenzie said...

xoxo best wishes b. I am proud of you linds

Unknown said...

The fact that you said "donezo" made me smile THIS big! haha! Congrats Linds!! That's really exciting!

PS- Just curious, how are you graduating in all those areas? Is it like 4 different degrees or like the clusters at BYUI?

Miss you!

Lindsay Brooke. said...

thanks everyone!

my major is interdisciplinary studies, which is kind of like a double major. my two emphasis in that are communications:broadcast journalism and music. my minor is psychology and I received a certificate in Intercultural Peacebuilding a year ago.

i've been in school wayyyy too long.