Sunday, August 12, 2012

Change and Weird Dreams.

While I have been home, I’ve been able to meet up with a lot of my old friends. It’s so cool that even though we have all gone our separate ways, we are still able to meet up and talk about anything and everything and have it seem like the last time we saw each other was last week, rather than last year.

I’ve been doing a lot of shopping this past week for Jerusalem, and soon it will be time for me to pack. Ahhhh it’s so close.

The last two nights I have had the same dream. I’ve been dreaming that I’m out in the middle of the ocean, on a surfboard, and the waves start to get REALLY big. Like, gigantic. Everyone around me starts to paddle back, but a lot aren’t able to make it back to shore. I continue to sit on my board, deciding what my best option is when a giant wave is headed my way. I duck dive under, and have to hold my breath for a long time because there is so much water above me. I start swimming and soon realize that I’m running out of air. I’ve been under for almost 2 minutes and when I start to feel like I’m not going to make it, I finally resurface and gasp for air. As I’m trying to steady myself on my board again, a guy on a board close to me tells me to “hold on, it’s almost over” as I see another huge wave coming towards me. I duck dive again, and when I resurface I’m told that I’m doing great. And then I wake up.

Now I know this is weird and detailed, but I never have reoccurring dreams and I’ve been thinking of it all day. I’m not sure if it’s because of my giant wave wallpapers on both my phone and laptop, or if it’s because I saw this movie trailer, or if it’s because everyone here at home asks me about Hawaii and naturally thinks that I’m some pro surfer (which I am definitely not.) Maybe all this talk transforms into my dreams.

Anyway, it’s just really weird for me knowing that I won’t be in Hawaii for fall. Don’t get me wrong; I am so so SO stoked for Jerusalem. I’m just used to Hawaii. It will be a change, but change is good.

listening to: Phillip Phillips- Home.

0 comments: