Monday, October 8, 2012

Just Checking In.

                                                                          Jericho
Being David.

                                                               Pool of Bethesda
                                                           Garden of Gethsemane
                                                                Garden Tomb





I’ve been pretty MIA on here lately. There is seriously so much that happens here every single day, blogging becomes pretty nonexistent for me. Sorry bout it.

Everything is going great. I’m becoming a little world traveler. I am learning more about different people, cultures and history. I love just people watching and walking around the city. It’s fascinating to me to experience what life is like half way across the world.

There are so many caves and tunnels here that are SO COOL to explore. We went down to Hezekiah’s tunnel yesterday, which had water in it while we were going through it. Caves and water are the best of both worlds. So much fun. I loved it and want to do it one more time before I leave.

I also did a ramparts walk around the city. It was so cool seeing everything from up above. There were lots of little places where I took pictures because I felt like I was Princess Jasmine. I’m living in Aladdin’s world.

I’ve walked Jericho Road. I’ve thrown rocks where David hit Goliath. I’ve gone into the Garden of Gethsemane. My favorite place to sit and ponder is the Garden Tomb. It’s so crazy to me that I am so close to where so many significant things have happened in my religion. I’ve also realized, it is super cool seeing these things (really, it is), but you don’t have to go or see it to know and believe these things happened. I know, I know, this is a big DUH. BUT. I think some people expect a big revelation or spiritual experience at each place we visit. Although this does happen, sometimes it doesn’t. And that’s okay. You don’t always need to feel something at every single place we go to. I’ve loved all the places we have gone. There is never a day where I regret going out to see something.

I’ve been here for half my time. The semester is halfway done. I have no idea where the time has gone and I’m pretty sure the last half is going to fly by just as fast.

0 comments: