Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 838: Aloha Oe











ALOHA EVERYONE!!

It's been a while since I've posted (okay, so it's been wayyy over a year) BUT I find it important to finish out my story of living in Hawaii.

If I did my math right, I lived in Hawaii for 838 days!! Crazy yeah?

My final semester was full of friends, school and the beach. My family came out a week early, and lucky for me, I was pretty much done with class, so I got to hang with them while going back to campus to take a final or two.

Things that stick out in my mind about my Graduation day:

I was SHOWERED with leis.
The one thing I really REALLY wanted was a flower crown. Mine was perfect.
It rained that day.
I wore heels.
I didn't trip.
I have a huge support group.
People are genuinely happy for my success.
Seriously was one of the best days ever.

Hawaii seriously CHANGED MY LIFE. They were three of my happiest years (so far). I grew so much. I learned a lot about myself. I learned about the world we live in and how diverse culture is, yet we are all the same. I am so grateful for all of my experiences. I made lifelong friendships. I was lucky enough to go to a school where I received an amazing education, while growing in my testimony and relationships with those around me. It was the best decision I have ever made.

So why am I not still there? I will always love Hawaii. I will always return to Hawaii. I felt that at this time, I needed to leave. Who knows, I may find myself living there again.

Until then, you can take the girl outta da island, but you can't take da island outta the girl.

And Aloha Oe still makes me cry.

listening to: "Aloha 'Oe" by Henry Kapono, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (Bruddah Iz), Cyril Pahinui, Roland Cazimero

2 comments:

Cory Shae said...

well... NOW what are you doing???

Britt Hanson said...

I'm so glad you posted!! Next up, update on Lindsay's life :)